• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NY 70 in 55 zone on state rd

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nkona

Following up with what happened with my ticket: I went to the court about 30 minutes early, and was able to sit through a set of folks that were being called in a group prior to mine. This is how it proceeded:

The Judge and a Town prosecutor were the primaries. The Judge would read out what the violation was for each person. The Prosecutor would let the Judge know if there were any priors, and what if any plea deal/reduction he was offering. There would be a little bit of discussion between them, and the Judge would reiterate the deal to the person, and ask if they wanted to plead guilty to that.

I found that the more priors someone had, the less of a reduction the Prosecutor was willing to give. And in a couple of cases no reduction was offered. It was all pretty consistent with the amount of priors and degree of speeding/etc.

For me, they offered a reduction to a Stop/Park violation - Parking on a street where it is not allowed. I accepted and pleaded guilty. My fine was $150 plus a $25 surcharge.

Thanks for your help HighwayMan and xylene

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
For me, they offered a reduction to a Stop/Park violation - Parking on a street where it is not allowed. I accepted and pleaded guilty. My fine was $150 plus a $25 surcharge.
Well, that's as good as it gets. The conviction will not appear on your driving record and no one will be able to find out what the original charge was.

Congratulations on the "win".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">