• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NY class A misdemeanor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
Have a class a misdemeanor menacing 2 degree from 2008 with 2 years probation.
I want to have the record sealed.
On a trip to Canada at the border I was denied.
They said the case is still open 6 years later.
Is sealing the record an option?
If record is sealed can the border police see it?


Junior Member
Canadian immigration now has it and your rejection in their records. Nothing will remove that.
Understood. My record can't be removed.
But can't my CHRI be sealed- closed, and therefore my record shows closed not active?
Does this mean I dan never go to Canada again?


Super Secret Senior Member
Why do you think that your criminal conviction should just go away?

You need to read through the New York State Criminal Procedure Law and learn if what you want is even possible.

Last edited:


Junior Member
Thanks FlyingRon I just want to be deemed rehabilitated for what was a bs charge from an crazy ex girlfriend who also took out an order of protection on her own son who didn't derive it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential