• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NY state starting new auto insurance brokerage need a help getting a waiver or Release Of Liability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

1qaz9106

What is the name of your state?New york

Good evening,

I am planning to start my own insurance brokerage in New York, and I have a question regarding whether I am permitted to assist individuals who are not my clients. Specifically, I wish to provide help to those who speak English as a second language with their insurance claims, by translating, making follow-up calls, and assisting them in understanding the next steps. My aim is to offer this service as a way to convert them into potential future customers.

However, I am concerned about potential liability issues that may arise from offering such services. I would like to know if there is a waiver or release of liability form that I could use to protect myself in case of any issues that may arise.

Thank you for your advice and guidance on this matter.

doucar

E & O Insurance is the best way to protect yourself. Even if you have a signed waiver that stands scrutiny, it will be thousands of dollars later you have paid to your attorney to find that out.

adjusterjack

I am planning to start my own insurance brokerage in New York, and I have a question regarding whether I am permitted to assist individuals who are not my clients. Specifically, I wish to provide help to those who speak English as a second language with their insurance claims, by translating, making follow-up calls, and assisting them in understanding the next steps. My aim is to offer this service as a way to convert them into potential future customers.
You are likely to need a public adjuster's license in NY.

Licensing Application: Adjuster Independent or Public | Department of Financial Services (ny.gov)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">