• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NYC UPM Charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

Thank you to everyone who replied, I really do appreciate any and all thoughts and advice at this moment. As quincy suggested, I will be seeing an attorney from my university's student legal dept this week to see what can be done.

I know that the FAFSA allows some sort of rehab program or drug testing for students who want aid but have drug charges. But I will research more into this and get some opinions before talking to the fin aid office.

As you guys requested I will update you after my november summons.

Thank you again for your advice and help.
I am glad to hear you will be seeing an attorney at your school.

Here is a link to some information on student aid eligibility:

https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/eligibility/criminal-convictions

We appreciate the thanks, damnimessedup. And we appreciate hearing back from you on what happens.

Good luck.

I am glad to hear you will be seeing an attorney at your school.

Here is a link to some information on student aid eligibility:

https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/eligibility/criminal-convictions

We appreciate the thanks, damnimessedup. And we appreciate hearing back from you on what happens.

Good luck.
Hi Quincy and HighwayMan,

I'm not sure if you guys are still active but im the OP and I realized I had never given an update on this thread. Obviously its been years and I do apologize for forgetting lol as you can imagine it was a pretty stressful and life changing time for me.

My case ended up getting dismissed on the grounds that I attend this one time counseling session (just a 30 min convo with a nice lady about my future plans).
I had hired a lawyer from outside my school that was specific to that area of NYC and he handled UPM cases often.

Just wanted to thank you guys after all this time for helping my dumb*** out and giving a stupid kid some solid advice :)

quincy

Hi Quincy and HighwayMan,

I'm not sure if you guys are still active but im the OP and I realized I had never given an update on this thread. Obviously its been years and I do apologize for forgetting lol as you can imagine it was a pretty stressful and life changing time for me.

My case ended up getting dismissed on the grounds that I attend this one time counseling session (just a 30 min convo with a nice lady about my future plans).
I had hired a lawyer from outside my school that was specific to that area of NYC and he handled UPM cases often.

Just wanted to thank you guys after all this time for helping my dumb*** out and giving a stupid kid some solid advice :)
Thank you for returning to the forum to let us know what happened, damnimessedup.

It is especially nice that you have returned with good news. I am really happy to hear that the outcome was a positive one.

Both HighwayMan and I appreciate the thanks. I wish you good success in the future.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">