• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nycha tenant law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? NY
My sister has an apartment within NYCHA andhas temporarily moved to another state to finish up her degree. During the midst of her stay, she sent in her annual review papers. The housing mgr is now holding the papers and not issuing a new lease because he does not believe she lives at the apartment any longer.
According to the DHCR, a tenant is allowed to enroll as a full time student in another state and still fulfill the minimun residency requirements. I would like to know
1) Does NYCHA have the same minimun residency requirements?
2)where can I find the full list of NYCHA policies?


Senior Member
Google - NYCHA tenant rules and if you don't find the answer, have your sister call her case worker.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential