• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

O/T This is what happens when parents lie

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

futuredust

Or what about, oh I don't know, introducing the child to the father before now. Then there was always the choice to realize that the child had a father who was going to fight for her, who was done wrong, and give his child back to him.. long before this became an issue of kid knowing only her.

What she did was get her home, love her, decide she wasn't giving her back to her rightful parent, and start a media campaign. Mine.. Mine.. Mine..

There are millions of children who don't have perfect parents, or parents who have more time or more money to spend on/with them. Doesn't mean that all the ones who do, and don't have kids get to go house to house, neighborhood to neighborhood and just pick out what they want and take them home. Children are not pets, and there is no for sale to best owner sign in the window of the nursery.

nextwife

v Children are not pets, and there is no for sale to best owner sign in the window of the nursery.
PLEASE, do not perpetrate the myth that adopted children are "bought". Or that adopted kids are stolen from their parents.

While the due diligence requirements on adoptive parents and the adoption process can be costly, a great many adopted kids never had the opportunity to have any biofamily raise them at all. Unadopted, they'd live their lives in institutions, with nobody giving a darn what happens to them. My daughter would have remained mute, become totally blind in one eye, remained cross eyed, and likely eventually moved to one of the horrendous institutions that warehouse developmentally disabled children (I strongly suggest viewing the BBC documentary, Watch "Bulgaria's Abandoned Children" Online - Free Movies to Watch Online - Download Movies available online . All because nobody existed who bothered to spend the time or money to find out WHY she wasn't learning, part of which was merely untreated ear infections in babyhood causing partial, temporary deafness. The caregivers have little time to talk to these kids, to reinforce their developmental milestones.

Millions of babies worldwide will know only institutional living. More, not fewer, parents should be expanding their families by adoption, and giving more of these kids an opportunity to HAVE a family to love and care for them.

IMHO, every person who is an activist against abortion or birth control access should also be out there adding at least one institutionalized child to their family through adoption. We need to care about as much aboutwhat happens after they are born, as before. We need to give MORE homes to the world's institutionalized kids, and stop putting up barriers (like the anti gay adoption laws that some states have on the books). There is no line of families waiting to adopt each of these kids. Every child that finds a safe, loving home is a success.

futuredust

That is NOT what I meant, at all.

The adoptive mother in this case didn't want to adopt just any baby. And she went through an agency (supposedly) to get what she wanted. She could of taken the route of children in foster care, children who are left with nothing, children needing just that "one" person to believe in and want them.

She didn't want that, she wanted this baby. She wanted what she wanted and was set on keeping what she got. Even after it came to light there was a father who did not consent, a father willing to fight for HIS child. She refused to give up and started raising money and garnering public sympathy.

It was not my intention to imply in any shape or form that adoptive children are stolen or any such thing. My ex husbands cousin was adopted, knew his entire life where he came from. If I had the available room I would be fostering at this very moment. And it is my intention when mine are grown, and can offer a home/devoted time to a child who needs someone, anyone, to believe in them; to foster and possibly adopt if given the opportunity.

My sincerest apologies if my post implied something that it did not mean, and offended you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">