• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

O/T This is what happens when parents lie

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? not relevant

This poor little girl and her adopted mother are now suffering because mom lied about knowing who dad is. To top it off dad is the scum of the earth who nealy nonexistent to his children but now wants "his little girl back."

Another cherry for the top of this sundae:rolleyes:. Mom has to battle the state of Ohio thinks the little girl may be better off in foster care until this gets resolved.

O.C. mom fights for custody of adopted girl | abc7.com

GinAA

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? not relevant

This poor little girl and her adopted mother are now suffering because mom lied about knowing who dad is. To top it off dad is the scum of the earth who nealy nonexistent to his children but now wants "his little girl back."

Another cherry for the top of this sundae:rolleyes:. Mom has to battle the state of Ohio thinks the little girl may be better off in foster care until this gets resolved.

O.C. mom fights for custody of adopted girl | abc7.com
It's always the child that suffers.

futuredust

How could she not know the adoption wasn't finalized?

Yes she loves the child, yes she may be able to provide a better life, however, the child has another parent who did not agree to an adoption.

Antigone*

How could she not know the adoption wasn't finalized?

Yes she loves the child, yes she may be able to provide a better life, however, the child has another parent who did not agree to an adoption.
Did you read the part where the mom signed an affadavit under the penalty of perjury that she did not know who the father was:confused:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
It's also what happens when people apparently do not involve lawyers in their adoption.

futuredust

Did you read the part where the mom signed an affadavit under the penalty of perjury that she did not know who the father was:confused:
Yes I read it. But if the adoption was not finalized adoptive mom should of, at some point, known the legal process was not completed.

I am not saying that it is not a sad situation, it most defiantly is, and the child is the one who is most likely to be hurt the most. But the child does have a father, who apparently did not agree to the adoption.

Banned_Princess

Jeezus, do it yourself!

Copy. Paste. tinyurl.com
I actually dont know how to do that.

I can copy and paste on my address line, but the page never comes up right, there is always a problem....

you'r tinyurl's are always tiny, and direct

wait...

nope didn't work, I got...

Page Not Found
We are sorry, but the URL you requested could not be found. The page you are looking for may have been renamed, moved, or deleted.

Please check the URL for spelling, capitalization, and punctuation errors.

Click here to go back to our home page.

If you believe you've reached this page in error, please let us know (all fields are optional).

ugh that is just absolutely pathetic and horrendous ruling...makes me angry that a person WHO wants to be the parent is stripped b/c of of someone who just wants to prove a point and stick it to his ex...

now heres the thing, cant the adoptive mom now SUE the agency and bio mom for false representation and pain and suffering? not to mention the adoption agency charged a ridiculous amount of money probably for the adoption.

wow...id be absolutely torn and heart broken over this...

Antigone*

ugh that is just absolutely pathetic and horrendous ruling...makes me angry that a person WHO wants to be the parent is stripped b/c of of someone who just wants to prove a point and stick it to his ex...

now heres the thing, cant the adoptive mom now SUE the agency and bio mom for false representation and pain and suffering? not to mention the adoption agency charged a ridiculous amount of money probably for the adoption.

wow...id be absolutely torn and heart broken over this...
Adoptive mom is appealing the ruling but as of now, Vanessa is ordered back to Ohio on July 16.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">