• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Observing other computers via Remote Desktop

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mattwong

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? new york

My question involves criminal law for the state of: new York
I have downloaded apple remote desktop and try to observe other computers around the premises network. I spread out this software to my colleagues and they were found out that they were controlling other peoples computer. Now the authority found out that im the root of the whole circumstance. On the other hand, in order the remote desktop to work, we need the admin password to observe other computer. My colleague hacked the password. So does it mean he should be in more trouble than me? Now im accused of computer criminal.

Can anyone tell me what can i do?

cyjeff

Well, you could take the advice from the other site.

You committed an illegal act. Your buddy that provided the passwords to the system committed an illegal act. When you gave other coworkers information from your search, you committed an illegal act. When those coworkers then distributed the information, they committed an illegal act.

If your office describes to prosecute you for cyber crimes, everyone gets charged.

This is not a case of "what he did was so much worse than what I did." You both will get charged with everything.

And, again, in the meantime I would start looking for another job. Whether or not they call the cops, you will get to clean out your desk.

swrdmbo

I had that happen to me,someone was spying on me through my computer.Let me just say you DID commit a crime and I hope you get what you deserve.

Who do you think you are that you have the right to invade anyone's privacy like that?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">