• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Obtain employment records

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? Colorado
My son was fired from a casino for not following procedures. He and I feel this terminantion was without merit. At his termination he signed a paper that gave the reason of dismisal. He did not receive a copy. When he called back to request a copy, he was told he needed a supeona (sic) to obtain a copy. Is this right? Is there another way to get copies of his records?


I'm a Northern Girl
The state of Colorado does not require an employer to allow an employee access to their personnel file, and does not require an employer to provide a written reason for termination - or, in fact, a reason at all. Therefore if they want to require a subpoena before releasing his records they are within their legal rights to do so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential