• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Obtaining a Divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CheleChele

Pennsylvania. I want to obtain a divorce. My husband and I have not lived together in over 2 years. His mail comes to my new address because the post office would not separate him from the family when I forwarded the mail. We have two children aged 19 and 15. He is currently incarcerated in Florida. I am thinking I will need to hire a lawyer because 1) He is in another state, 2) minor child involved, and 3) He will contest it to be a jerk. We do not have any common assets. He will not pay debts even if he is given them and I have already almost completely paid off most of HIS IRS debt. Are there lawyers who can help lower income people and is that the method I should use? (I make under $37k a year). Thank you.

Just Blue

Pennsylvania. I want to obtain a divorce. My husband and I have not lived together in over 2 years. His mail comes to my new address because the post office would not separate him from the family when I forwarded the mail. We have two children aged 19 and 15. He is currently incarcerated in Florida. I am thinking I will need to hire a lawyer because 1) He is in another state, 2) minor child involved, and 3) He will contest it to be a jerk. We do not have any common assets. He will not pay debts even if he is given them and I have already almost completely paid off most of HIS IRS debt. Are there lawyers who can help lower income people and is that the method I should use? (I make under $37k a year). Thank you.
You can contact the PA Barr for a referral.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">