• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Odd Handling of job app

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bobbyj102

What is the name of your state? Colorado. I was employed by this same employer last year-for a nationally known stock and horse show-I again applied for the job this year. I asked via email for a job app and it was sent to me by snail mail. I returned it by mail. I went about two weeks later to the personnel office to check on the status of the app and was told by the hiring person that she "Never reads them and all they are is trash", as a result, I did not get a job there. Is this an odd way to do things or what? What do I do now?

HomeGuru

bobbyj102 said:
What is the name of your state? Colorado. I was employed by this same employer last year-for a nationally known stock and horse show-I again applied for the job this year. I asked via email for a job app and it was sent to me by snail mail. I returned it by mail. I went about two weeks later to the personnel office to check on the status of the app and was told by the hiring person that she "Never reads them and all they are is trash", as a result, I did not get a job there. Is this an odd way to do things or what?

**A: yes, very odd.
What do I do now?

**A: look for another job.

H

hexeliebe

sounds like this 'hiring rep' is an idiot. But there's nothing you can do except look for a job elsewhere.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Also kinda tells you what they think about you too.

". . . the hiring person that she 'Never reads them and all they are is trash.'"

Translation: "If we ever see YOUR application again, we're going to use it for kindling."

IAAL

H

hexeliebe

Arnold could use this hiring rep as an accountant in Sacramento. Whenever a new bill comes in just light the fireplace with it....

WALLA, no DEBT :D

HomeGuru

hexeliebe said:
Arnold could use this hiring rep as an accountant in Sacramento. Whenever a new bill comes in just light the fireplace with it....

WALLA, no DEBT :D
**A: what the heck is WALLA, a half town in Washington state?
Pardon my French, but don't you mean Voila?

H

hexeliebe

Hey, I don't know what the hell I mean. After sitting up all night with a sick horse I'm barely able to breath....

If it wasn't Will Henry we'd be having steak tonight :D

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Is it odd? Yes, I find it quite odd.

Did anything illegal happen? Nope.

B

bobbyj102

Odd Handling

I applied to this temp/seasonal job as a way for extra cash, I already have one job, always need more money. I am to meet with the Administrative Assistant to the President of the Company tomorrow-they didn't know this was going on.

H

hexeliebe

Good luck. I would also be interested in knowing how old you are? My reason for asking I'll reveal when you come back and answer.

B

bobbyj102

How old?

How old am I? I'm 57, but there is people working that is the same age.

H

hexeliebe

Not really a matter of law. Just happy to see another 'old fart' taking responsibility for getting what he wants instead of the excuses we get here daily about someone or something always at fault.

We even had a kid the other day (16 years old) who was in college AND working two jobs. It makes things worth the effort when these kinds of people come looking for help instead of the whinners.

Again, good luck with the meeting.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">