• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Odometer Fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

elljay

I purchased a car in Atlanta, GA in which the seller stated to me that the car had 93,000 miles and also advertised this information in the newspaper. The odometer on this car reads 094068. The very last digit is between 0 and 1. The area giving access to this odometer is only being held together with two of four screws and has an opening on the bottom, left side. The seller forgot to clean out this car before selling it and left a book in the back seat which contained a receipt showing the correct mileage of almost 200,000 miles. I verified the correct miles with the previous owner.

Unfortunately, I bought the car without the title. Nevertheless, the odometer has been tampered with.

What are my next steps in suing the seller in state and federal court? Any other advice is greatly appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">