• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Off hours

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ksutwisted

What is the name of your state? Kansas

I am an employee at a Kansas state prison. My scheduled hours are 10pm-6am. Lately, my shift has been having mandatory overtime about 3 out of our 5 scheduled days a week. On these days, we work from 10pm until 2pm the following day, and have to be back at work at 10pm again that night. Today I got off work at 6am, but was told I had mandatory overtime from 8am-4pm and would still have to be back at work at 10pm this evening. That gives me an 8 hour shift, 2 hours off, another 8 hour shift, 6 hours off, and another 8 hour shift. Is this legal?

Thanks-

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Duplicate post. Answered on Wage and Salary forum.

For the record, the same people answer all the Employment Law forums. It's not necessary to double-post.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">