• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Off the record conversation with supervisor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

negmass

What is the name of your state? TX

I had an off the record conversation with my supervisor where he informed me that another manager (from another department) called me incompetent. I responded with "she's an idiot". I had never had a write up, and 30 minutes later, I was called down and told to resign. I declined, and was told that I was being fired. While speaking with the unemployment office, they said that my company answered them with the story that I told that particular manager herself that she was a (bad word here).

The unemployment office doesn't seem to think that it matters what I say. They contract the company that terminated me to run their office.

HELP

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Thank you for sharing your story. When you have a legal question, please let us know.

negmass

Ok..Thanks

Actually, I did post a legal question. Can they do that? Considering that the same firm that terminated me, same business group in actuality, determine my unemployment eligibility without a conflict of interest?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Who do you suggest should determine it?

The state, not your employer, and not anyone else, determines your eligibility.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">