• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Off Topic sort of

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Eekamouse

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Every state

Do you know this strange effect?
We call it the "OG"
Happens when OP's expectations and reality don't agree
The OP becomes enraged so they start looking for a fight
The law becomes irrelevant when OP knows they're right
So they call up their own lawyer
who always takes their call
confirms that they're right
Says we're wrong
and that our brains are small
It's the middle of the night
but that don't matter none
Their lawyer's always there
to tell them their case is won

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
My namesake effect. It started I think when people tried to prove me wrong. And their attorneys supposedly did that. I don't do that (answer the phone on holidays/nights/and I really try to avoid weekends). And 99.9% of my colleagues don't answer the phone on holidays, middle of the night and weekends.

Eekamouse

My namesake effect. It started I think when people tried to prove me wrong. And their attorneys supposedly did that. I don't do that (answer the phone on holidays/nights/and I really try to avoid weekends). And 99.9% of my colleagues don't answer the phone on holidays, middle of the night and weekends.
Yeah but LOTS and LOTS of lawyers must be sitting around the phone all night, just waiting for that 2am call from some stranger who wants to be vindicated. LOL

adjusterjack

Here's an example of an OG:

https://forum.freeadvice.com/landlord-tenant-issues-42/consideration-entry-notice-apartment-staff-peeking-through-garage-ladder-627496.html

I had the same thread with him on another site and gave up.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Darn. I thought this would be my current favorite off-topic topic.... Rio 2016! Lovin' most every athlete with a few exceptions. I'll share if anyone's interested... ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">