• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Offer Settlement from Wreck! Need Your Help.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?SC

Hi All,
A lady ran into the back of my car in July.I had whiplash and concussion for a week. Missed 4 day of work.
I have finished treatment and everything for treatment and PT was $3,700.
I just had the insurance company called and offer me 6,700. Is this a good settlement .

adjusterjack

I'm not speaking as an adjuster now. I've been rear-ended more times than I'd care to remember. I had a blue Ranger PU a while back that must have had a target on the tailgate because it got hit 3 times in the four years I owned it.

Yeah, for the injury you describe I'd say $6700 is pretty good. I only got $2500 plus meds my last time.

Now I'll speak as an adjuster. A freely made offer of $6700 could mean there's a bit more available. Adjuster's always have a cushion available for negotiation.

Don't overdo it. Maybe ask for $8700 and the adjuster might split the difference. Don't threaten lawyer or lawsuit. They hear that all the time. Just emphasize how painful the experience was and that a fair settlement gets the claim closed and off the desk.

Anything you get over the $6700 is found money. The worst that can happen is the adjuster stands firm and you get the $6700.

I'm not speaking as an adjuster now. I've been rear-ended more times than I'd care to remember. I had a blue Ranger PU a while back that must have had a target on the tailgate because it got hit 3 times in the four years I owned it.

Yeah, for the injury you describe I'd say $6700 is pretty good. I only got $2500 plus meds my last time.

Now I'll speak as an adjuster. A freely made offer of $6700 could mean there's a bit more available. Adjuster's always have a cushion available for negotiation.

Don't overdo it. Maybe ask for $8700 and the adjuster might split the difference. Don't threaten lawyer or lawsuit. They hear that all the time. Just emphasize how painful the experience was and that a fair settlement gets the claim closed and off the desk.

Anything you get over the $6700 is found money. The worst that can happen is the adjuster stands firm and you get the $6700.
THANKS FOR YOUR ADVICE

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">