• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Officer squeezed my genitals, is that legal? Long read.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TigerD

OKLAHOMA - Oklahoma (like many/most states) has a time limit for filing a claim against a governmental unit. In Oklahoma, that time limit is 1 year. The OP (in Oklahoma) failed to file a timely claim, so Oklahoma law bars hims from recovering.
Every state has a Statute of limitations. I said that in a previous post. I don't know the details of the claims and the person best situated to answer those questions is an attorney licensed in Oklahoma. If we have one here that wants to weigh in - great. As I am not licensed in Oklahoma, I will not make a definitive statement about OK law. I leave it at: The OP should talk to an Oklahoma attorney about his rights.

TD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">