• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Oh no! My ssn is being suspended!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
I have never gotten the SSN suspension calls but I have gotten emails saying the same thing.

I don't answer the phone if I don't know who is calling.

Google just started providing a "call screening" feature on (at least certain) Android phones. I've been using that with great success.

Eekamouse

They called me again today so I asked them to please explain in minute detail what suspicious activity they detected on my ssn that is leading them to suspend it. He answered, well, first I need to confirm your name, I told him, no, he called me so he needs to explain in exact detail what activity they've got concerning my ssn. He said again, I need to confirm your name. I repeated, no, you need to explain to me what is going on with my ssn. He said, I am with the social security administration and we have proof of suspicious activity on your ssn. I replied, well, if you don't even know what my name is and need me to confirm it, how can you possibly say that? He said, we will issue an arrest warrant in your name. I told him to go ahead and do that because I'm pretty sure scammers don't have the power to issue arrest warrants. He asked me to repeat what I'd said. I told him, look, you're a liar and a scammer and you don't even have a good scam here. You aren't even trying. He hung up on me. Boo hoo.

LdiJ

I have never gotten the SSN suspension calls but I have gotten emails saying the same thing.

I don't answer the phone if I don't know who is calling.

Google just started providing a "call screening" feature on (at least certain) Android phones. I've been using that with great success.
AT&T has fairly recently started giving various alerts when someone calls you that is a telemarketer and might be a scam caller. I used to not answer any calls I did not recognize, but I have been answering a few of those lately for personal reasons. Therefore I really appreciate the "telemarketer" or "potential scam" alerts that they have been giving.

Mass_Shyster

I was contacted by a law firm out of Colorado who wanted to file a class action suit in Federal Court in Mass, and asked if I'd file it for them. They got my name from a colleague, so I called her to ask about it. It's legit.

They were able to track calls from "Heather at account services" to a debt services company. Every so often they email a pleading to me, I file it, and send them a bill. Nice gig.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
AT&T has fairly recently started giving various alerts when someone calls you that is a telemarketer and might be a scam caller. I used to not answer any calls I did not recognize, but I have been answering a few of those lately for personal reasons. Therefore I really appreciate the "telemarketer" or "potential scam" alerts that they have been giving.
T-Mobile does the same thing. My phone doesn't even ring; it just notifies me, Probably scam.

Just Blue

I was contacted by a law firm out of Colorado who wanted to file a class action suit in Federal Court in Mass, and asked if I'd file it for them. They got my name from a colleague, so I called her to ask about it. It's legit.

They were able to track calls from "Heather at account services" to a debt services company. Every so often they email a pleading to me, I file it, and send them a bill. Nice gig.
I've gotten calls from Heather. I always told her [language]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">