• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ohio father died no will brother took all landlord allowed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lriffs

Ohio
My father recently passed away with no will that I'm aware of he lived in a condo for low-income seniors was not allowed to have overnight guests more than 15 days a year my half-brother and his girlfriend let themselves in and pretty much didn't leave he was very ill and I was very upset with the situation long story short I found out he was in hospice on social media he died within 45 minutes of my visit the condo association was notified right away by my uncle and by me that they were staying there weren't allowed to be there and my father had died with no will,and they were removing items they had no right to I found out from several people right before he died I guess was going to press charges because they have been stealing from his bank account and stole his car The Condo Association let them continue to stay there while my brother and his girlfriend completely cleaned out all of his valuables I even have pictures where they sold them online he was a VA veteran he had a lot of medical equipment on loan from them Scooter,electric wheelchair,hospital bed,Cpap machine,car lift,and more all was to be returned now I'm going through the process of trying to have him laid to rest in the VA cemetery,his wishes and they possibly want these items back in order for me to bury him in the meanwhile they sold all of it The whole time I have begged to come in the apartment with the condo association manager present just to find my father's burial papers that he told me and my daughter where they were,I was never allowed to enter but they were allowed to stay there with no will or rights Now I wrote a letter to the association that I cannot believe that they knowingly let them stay and remove items I even showed his items for sale and now they said they will open his condo for me and brother to go through things,he will not show as everything is gone but rubbish I went to the police but was basically told that since I did not know where car was and items have none been sold there is nothing they can do I feel if the management would have changed the locks until I could go to probate then maybe I could lay my father to rest which I still have his ashes I got smart and took alot of pictures documented and call recorded my conversations with his condo management can I do anything?

Sponsored Ad