• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

OHIO FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY LAW

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

We don't need that proof. I've had cars that were being restored that I had fire and theft coverage with no liability on them. It isn't that unusual because they weren't licensed to drive on the road.

If you weren't going to drive them (hence have no need for liability) why did you even talk to the agent about insuring them at all?
My family owns lots of cars some being restored and others on the back burner. We have several cars covered. Some cars never had coverage. The agents told us all the cars required coverage so we listened and got the coverage they told us was required to keep us legal. We never asked for or wanted fire and or theft coverage. It was told to us all cars required coverage and that fire and theft coverage was enough to keep us legal.

PayrollHRGuy

My family owns lots of cars some being restored and others on the back burner. We have several cars covered. Some cars never had coverage. The agents told us all the cars required coverage so we listened and got the coverage they told us was required to keep us legal. We never asked for or wanted fire and or theft coverage. It was told to us all cars required coverage and that fire and theft coverage was enough to keep us legal.
And if you can prove that you have misconduct on the part of the agent to report to the insurance commission in your state. But you have not written anything about such proof.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You had EVERYTHING you needed to know what your insurance coverages were (and weren't). I'm sorry that you didn't understand.

LdiJ

If you had led off with the information in your first post that the cars in question were in the process of being restored and or were not actually running you probably would have received better advice, quicker. It would have been clearer what you were upset about.

Obviously the agented wanted to sell you insurance for cars that were not running, whether you needed it or not. So he led you to believe that you needed it.

When and if you get any of the cars running, you WILL need liability insurance before you drive them at all. In fact, you will probably want full coverage for cars you restored.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">