• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ohio law at will workplace

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

april eyes

What is the name of your state? ohio do employees of fire at will employers,have any right? if you are singled out,yelled at,not given same days off,other employees have set scheduals,given bigger work load than others doing same job,nitpicking but never shown proof of fault,tried to go thru chain of commands to resolve now am told by gm that i can and will be fired if i wipe nose wrong way! i am top paid employee this is new gm,never had trouble with other authority figures before,is in my file. no complaint as of date in file of anything bad!!! was offered advancement my one ceo(now he is with another company)this manager at time was greatly upset so I refused,days later she called me in office about not wearing bra(4 other ladies at time were also braless,nothing said to them. do i have any case? what other proof(besides daily records,other employees over hearing things,tape recordings )do i need? also had one gm sticking fries up nose,this was never,never done to anyone else customers and employees all saw. DAILY thing! needed job,afraid to sayanything besides stop it told other bosses ,chain of command nothing done!!! do i have case to hire employment lawyer????

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
That depends upon why you are being treated this way.

If you are being singled out BECAUSE OF your race, gender, national origin, age (over 40), religion, disability or pregnancy, you can take legal action. Likewise if it's in retaliation for your exercising a protected right (FMLA, workers comp etc.) or for reporting illegal activity to the appropriate state, federal or local agency. If it's for any other reason, including just that the new gm doesn't like you, then you don't have a legal case.

At will means that you can quit for any reason at all, and they can fire you for any reason except those above.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">