• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

OHIO minor rights property ownership

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

werke01

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OHio

What property rights does 17 year old have in Ohio? Specifically can they "own" a horse or is the horse the parents' property?

Thanks

cyjeff

I am guessing we are seeing the end of an argument or the beginning of a pout.

Who paid for said horse?
Whose land does said horse occupy?
Who pays for said horse's upkeep?

Aww shucks, I was guessing that it was the beginning of an emancipation question so they could try to take the horse with them if we said that they couldn't legally own it as a minor ;)

cyjeff

Aww shucks, I was guessing that it was the beginning of an emancipation question so they could try to take the horse with them if we said that they couldn't legally own it as a minor ;)
Emancipation? On horseback?

Boy, that has some wild connotations to it.

werke01

I am guessing we are seeing the end of an argument or the beginning of a pout.

Who paid for said horse?
Whose land does said horse occupy?
Who pays for said horse's upkeep?
Parent paid for horse on parents land and paid for horses upkeep. This is about $30,000 or so worth of horses, please take this seriously.

cyjeff

Parent paid for horse on parents land and paid for horses upkeep. This is about $30,000 or so worth of horses, please take this seriously.
Fine.

Parents paid for horse.

Parents paid for land for horse.

Parents paid for upkeep of horse.

What gives the teen ager any right to this horse?

Nativity

It might work out better for people to take it serious if you gave more than one sentence per post.

Like what is the exact situation??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">