• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Oil/Gas Royalty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

uf_gnuk

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

My grandmother owned royalty mineral interest in 160 acres that was included in a unitization of land in west Texas. Company M that formed the unit sent papers to her to join in the unitization, which she signed and returned.

Upon Company M receiving the paperwork from my grandmother, they determined she didn't own interest in the 160 acres afterall, but never informed her of their determination.

The Unit is divided up into tracts. The papers sent by Company M to my grandmother showed her interest was in Tract 43, while documents filed with the County Clerk, shows her interest was in property included in Tract 42.

The Company operating the Unit has changed 3-4 times since the Unit was formed.

I have contacted the company(s) that were operating the unit, and they basically give the run-around, from they don't have time to talk to me, to they don't have the resources to investigate.

I have contacted a professional Landman to look into the matter.

I have a few questions if anyone has any ideas/suggestions.

Will the opinion/findings of the Landman be enough to force the current operating company to correct the error??

Company M, Company X, and Company R have at some time since the unit was formed have operated the unit. Will I have to get each of the Companies to accept the Landman findings or will the current operator make any payments due??

If my findings are true and Company M made the original error, do I have any recourse in recovering any expenses I have incurred getting this error corrected??What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">