• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

OK Highway Patrol

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? OK

I got a moving violation, and rather than having me sign the citation, I noticed at the bottom it says that I e-signed it, which I never did, nor agreed to. I just moved from CA to OK, and never heard of such a thing. I searched this site, but nothing regarding this for OK, just other states. I also went searching online, and came up empty handed because I figure I am not using the correct search terms. Any insight on the validity of this unapproved e-signature would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks kindly, in advance.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state? OK

I got a moving violation, and rather than having me sign the citation, I noticed at the bottom it says that I e-signed it, which I never did, nor agreed to. I just moved from CA to OK, and never heard of such a thing. I searched this site, but nothing regarding this for OK, just other states. I also went searching online, and came up empty handed because I figure I am not using the correct search terms. Any insight on the validity of this unapproved e-signature would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks kindly, in advance.
Your signature, or lack thereof, does not affect the validity of the ticket.

zddoodah

I don't understand what you're asking or what your concern is. A traffic ticket is typically a notice of a charge, and the motorist's signature is typically a representation that the motorist will pay the ticket or appear in court by the specified date, in lieu of being taken into custody.

That being the case (and assuming it's true in OK), what is your question or concern?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I don't understand what you're asking or what your concern is. A traffic ticket is typically a notice of a charge, and the motorist's signature is typically a representation that the motorist will pay the ticket or appear in court by the specified date, in lieu of being taken into custody.

That being the case (and assuming it's true in OK), what is your question or concern?
Here is the OP's request:

Any insight on the validity of this unapproved e-signature would be greatly appreciated.

quincy

The ticket is valid with or without a signature. The e-signature simply indicates that you received notice of the moving violation (were handed the ticket).

quincy

Thanks all, I was afraid this was the case. I was hoping for some technicality to get out of it.
I’m sorry we were unable to provide the technical “out” you hoped for.

We all appreciate the thanks, CorollaRandy, so thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">