• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Old arrest warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



Do I have to obtain an attorney to get my dad's criminal arrest history from the early 70's? The local police department said that information was private and told me to hire a lawyer. They also said at that time the arrest records were handwritten in a big ledger and were stored somewhere else in the building with limited access. Where can I get this information?



You may not be able to get the police records - but you can access any court records by going to the county court house files. Check both the misdemeanor and feloy records - files this old are probably on microfilm but they still may exist.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential