• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Old auto accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



Ohio. I was in an accident two years ago that had no damage and no injuries. I was not insured at the time. I was at fault due to sunlight in my eyes and I did not stop soon enough and tapped her bumper with mine (at less than a mile an hour due to rush hour traffic at a light). Now two years later the woman has filed suit against me claiming injury to self and car, as well as to loss of affection for her husband. I am no longer working and am in the process of filing for social security and am surviving on public assistance, and have no money to fight with a lawyer or pay her $25,000. Her lawyer will not return my calls. I do not live in the same city and can not get to the court to appear. Is there something I can do from Home (Ashland, Ohio) instead of Cleveland, Ohio. Thank you for your time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential