• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Old Cell Phone Bill

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RCALL

What is the name of your state? MARYLAND I'm in the state of MD. Have a couple collection agencies attempting to collect on an old cell phone bill. I know I can request a debt validation, especially since they can't agree on an amount, but the question is.... The SOL in MD is 3 years. Does this apply to cell phones? Are they the same category as credit cards? If so, do I need to go thru the validation and such or just write to them specifying the DOLA and for them to cease? Thanks!!!

cmorris

It is a written contract, with a SOL of 3 years. If you want to try and get this off your credit reports, send for validation (certified mail, return receipt). Dispute with the credit bureaus when you get your green cards back.

If you just want any calls/letters to stop, send a cease and desist (certified mail, return receipt).

Go to creditboards.com. Read the Newbie's Section.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">