• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

old court order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ellekayw

What is the name of your state? Florida

A few years ago ex took me to court for child support reduction...he was a no show - twice (bc judge gave him another chance to show and he didn't). I counter-sued for child expenses (not really "child support" but his half of expenses for the last 2 years at that time). I won the order and he was support to pay by 12/2017.

However, he 'disappeared' - no job, no tax filing, didn't know where he was living so lawyer said wait until he reappears.

Recently found out that he's been living with his parents (confirmed) the last few months. He hasn't contacted me or the kids in over 8 years.

I did reach out to his parents (who have stayed in my kids' lives) and they had him email me. He sent a few dollars and said he would continue...and that was a month ago.

Should I email again or get a lawyers' letter? Or drop it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">