• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

old debt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Banrman

What is the name of your state? Ohio
I would like to know if a surviving spouse is liable for medical bills
incured by the spouse that has died?

JETX

If the surviving spouse did NOT sign any medical forms committments for payment, then the answer is no. However, if the person did sign, then he/she would be liable.

Seanscott

Hello JETX - I'd like to ask for a little more info, if you don't mind.

Let's say my wife needs minor surgery at the local hospital. I sign the form agreeing to pay for the charges, and I pay the entire bill.

Two years later my wife has extensive surgery and a long stay at the same hospital. I am not offered any forms to sign.

Since I signed a form to cover the bills previously at the same hospital, am I liable for the more recent medical bills?

Thank you very much.

JETX

I normally don't respond to 'hi-jacked threads', but this is easier to answer than to warn of the consequences of hijacking.
The answer is.... no.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">