• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Old Debt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? WA

My son was at college in Wyoming in 1999. He and two other boys rented a house. He just received a bill from an debt collection agency for 598.80. He wrote them to send proof of the debt and the only thing they sent was the lease agreement rental application a blank sheet with his name, address of the house and rent due utilities due and total due. Which state applies to the SOL. I'm trying to find proof that this was taken care of. He has never received a bill from the Realty Company since he moved out in 1999. What do we do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential