• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

old debts,sol

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RCALL

What is the name of your state? Maryland
I have a cellular phone company trying to collect an old debt. I closed the acct in 1/02. I received a letter from a collection agency in 4/02. I wrote to them as well as the cell company and heard nothing back. I received a collection letter in 5/05. Spoke with cell company and he advised "there is obviously an error" and he would make the adjustments and contact me if I needed to do anything further. Just received 3 collection letters, all in different amounts. Needless to say I do not agree with them since they vary in amount by $500. The cell company now tells me I have to deal with the collection agencies. They won't even send me an itemized bill to have something to look at. Question is, can they do anything to me to collect this debt(i.e. wage attachment etc.). If it is still collectable, how do I get info so I can dispute the amounts? There is no way possible if I owe anything at all, that it is any of these amounts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">