• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Old Insurance will not pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tweety1977

If anyone could help, I would appreciate it.

I just found out last week that the company I used to work for, will not pay my doctor for two bills. The bills is from March 20, 2000 and August 8, 2000.

The lady that files all the insurance claims at the company has told my doctors office that I have to file them. I never heard of any of this till last week. My doctors office told me that the first denial of service they rec'd from the company was dated 01-14-2002, which stated that they will not pay the claims, since they are over 15 months old.

The doctors office tried to file them for me, but the company refused it.

If anyone can help, please let me know.

If you need my location, it is tennessee.

:mad:

ALawyer

Many health insurance plans have strict time limits on filing claims. That may be the problem -- the issue is when did you submit the bills and did the company do anything that contributed to the delay? The you sumbitted them on time, or the company or insurer failed to process them promptly, they should pay, even if you have to take them to small claims court.

If you sat on them, you may be out of luck unless your state has a law that preculdes short filing deadlines and the plan is not ocvered by ERIAS which preempts state law.they should pay,

T

T-DESIGNER

I am not an attorney, and an attorney is better qualified to
advise you on this matter.

Had the doctor's office been sending you statements for the
past several months? If not, to whom had they been sending
their statements?

Citizen Brown

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">