• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Old lady's worry...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state?Alabama

I have an elderly Aunt that almost 4 years ago deeded her house to her adult son with right of survivorship.
She is quite ill now and is worried that if she has to go to an assisted living center or a nursing home ....can the house be taken from her son in leu of whatever medicade does not pay for a facility that she may have to go to?
I am trying to find out this information for her so her mind hopefully will be at rest about this possible situation.

I know she could go to her lawyer but it is hard for her to leave the house and she is afraid of the cost (even if she was able to ) just to find out this
Thanks ahead of time

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential