• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

old stock certificates

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rwillia2

I am currently trying to research several old stock certificates for my mother. They are in her late husbands name and they date back as far as 1951. Five are Canadian Mining Companies, one is a Pharmaceutical Co. in Missouri. I have spoken with the Co. in Mo. and am awaiting fax info on co. I am having trouble finding the 5 Mining co.'s. Does anybody have any advice as to how I can locate the 5 mining co.'s? Also, when I talk with the Pharmaceutical company, how do I know if they are beine truthful about their situation? Is there anyplace on the net where I can get financial info on a company?
Thanks in advance
Ray

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

As a shareholder, the holder of the stocks has a right to inspect each company's books to make sure they are being truthful.

Also, contact the Securities and Exchange Commission:
http://www.sec.gov

R

rwillia2

Thanks Lawrat,
Do you know what Canada's version of the SEC is?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">