• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

On Call

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Florida RN

I'm an RN Supervisor at a 180 bed nursing and rehab center. All supervisors are required to be on call for one week slots, approximately every 6 weeks. We are not compensated for this unless we have to go in to work and then are just paid for the time we are actually there. We receive numerous phone calls at home related to work, handling problems, etc., but with no pay. Is this legal, is there laws that cover this situation? When I was on call while working at a hospital, I did get paid extra for being on call.

E

ex HR guy

You probably are an "exempt" employee and not entitled to overtime. I'm not in Florida or in your field, but you must have a nurses association. Did you ask them?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">