• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

One Beneficiary holding Out on Sale of Home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Rene' Doran

What is the name of your state? FL: I am the personal representative for my father's estate. There are a total of 5 beneficiaries, 4 of the beneficiaries are in agreement with selling my father's home, one is holding out. The Beneficiary has refused to return the request for authorization to sell the home, she has refused to repond at all. She has not made an offer to purchase the property. She does not have the funds nor is she full time employed. She is refusing to discuss any of the issues related to the estate because she believes someone is hiding a life insurance policy from her. She does not have proof or any concrete facts that I can research. What can the other 4 beneficiaries do to speed up the process to sell the home.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Rene' Doran said:
What is the name of your state? FL: I am the personal representative for my father's estate. There are a total of 5 beneficiaries, 4 of the beneficiaries are in agreement with selling my father's home, one is holding out. The Beneficiary has refused to return the request for authorization to sell the home, she has refused to repond at all. She has not made an offer to purchase the property. She does not have the funds nor is she full time employed. She is refusing to discuss any of the issues related to the estate because she believes someone is hiding a life insurance policy from her. She does not have proof or any concrete facts that I can research. What can the other 4 beneficiaries do to speed up the process to sell the home.

My response:

Discuss with your attorney the possibility of filing a "Partition" lawsuit against her.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">