• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

One more question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



Well Liable it's the weekend again and I just wanted to know what my options are if he comes back. I will feel so much better when the 30 days are over required here in Tennessee for the appeal process.
I have a date this weekend, if he shows up, and threatens bodily harm, I will contact the local police. Do I need to show them a copy of my divorce decree giving me sole possession of the house for two years, and can they escourt him off the property? If he just shows up and is only an annoyance, and he is asked in a proper manner to leave and doesnt, do I have the same privelage to use local police help?
If he does this I will be in General sessions court Monday morning getting an order of protection against him. I have checked and gotten the necessary information on getting this. It is free of charge here in the county I live in for cases involving divorce and a harrassing ex-spouse.
I can't get my own attorney to return my phone calls, can I get leagal help from another attorney if he didn't represent me in the divorce? You are a God-send and i appreciate your tolerance of me. I'll check for a response during the day, so I will know what to do. Thanks


Senior Member
My response:

Well, Phylis, apparently you're not afraid of your ex-husband, because you're still not doing what I wanted you to do for yourself.

The following is "tough love" -

It's NOT the weekend, and you still have Friday to go to court YOURSELF and file the Application for Protection.

Are you looking to become a STATISTIC - - a notation on a "police blotter" concerning your injuries or death ?

Do you remember Nicole Simpson ?

Don't wait for the weekend, and don't give your ex a chance to do anything. Get off your ass and get to court.

Just what is your major malfunction ?



Ok--I will do it

Ok--enough said--Ill be in court before the day is out!
Thanks!!! You are truly the best

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential