• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ongoing problem escalates repeatedly

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ProT

What is the name of your state? Arkansas

I have stayed too long at my job. I have only done so because I love my work and its convenient to my child's school and our home. My "teammates" and bosses have worn me down to the point that my mental health now has to come first. Over the 5 years I have held my position (which is state licensed), they have never been satisfied with me yet I am the undisputed favorite when our clients speak up. If that only mattered to my company. My employer is a bully to me AND our clients, who are healing and are at their mercy. I have seen fraud on a daily basis. When i questioned that, the following day I wss accused of all sorts of
nonsense. The only "reason" they did not fire me then was because "one of the bosses felt I should stay and be given another chance." 2 weeks later I was moved to a building for no reason that was known for their bad behaviors (fraudulent to the max, difficult to work with, extremely nit picky and annoying).

They wanted me to quit soo many times even before being moved there. Over the years they have lied about my work schedule and accused me of "getting it wrong," they say I do not do my job. Among other things, according to them I am unreliable, they blame me for lost items, they say I do not care about the people we are supposed to take care of. You name it, I've done it (they would say).

Here's another example of their crazy ways: I was written up for working past a time deadline (i was doing my paperwork) only to have the same boss ask me to work 15min past the same deadline the next evening. I thought it was a "test," but said "yes" (thinking I would get reprimanded because of the day prior and was ready to say I was not serious) but they really did want me to work past the deadline. Come to find out, they asked me to only because in the situation, the company would get a lot of money through my reaching another category of higher earning for them by working that extra 15min. Despite my cooperation they said nothing about the write up the day prior and still yet harass me daily. Other things they say: The say I'm a bad father, that I do not have my priorities straight. They accuse me of saying inappropriate things at work. Another dandy: Their lies caused me to be en route to a work site i was not even scheduled at when hit a deer, totaling my car. I had liability only. When I phone that work site to tell about the deer, the text back indicated suprise that i was heading there and that my team leader knew i was not needed at that location. So why was I told to go there? Now I'm with no automobile (but can borrow one from family til I get mine repaired).

I have been written up when I was innocent of wrongdoing more times than I can count. I am not ever heard when I defend myself and any evidence in my favor goes ignored. Yesterday, I was informed of "meeting" and the two there to visit with me i know are bad news. So I texted prior to going (knowing it's not good, I am never given a chance to defend myself and am always wrong even when I know I'm right):

Me: "How about I go ahead and give 2 wks notice? Will they still like me to come in today?"
Two bosses:
No. There’s no 2 week notice. You can come in or you can be done. So are coming to talk or are you done? We are getting ready to leave. You are not to return to work until you have a conversation with us."

I just dont want to endure this again. I am the favorite amongst our clients but that does not matter because they get them anyway through referrals. My "team" is all women that are either jealous or angry because I do not kiss their backsides and likely because I did not want "more" than just to do my job (romantic offer I declined). They use me for projection and seem to enjoy the "gang mentality" when making up stuff and getting the bosses involved (also women).

I do not deserve any of this. They act as if they have a god given right to use me and abuse me as they please. How do I go about leaving the the right way? I feel like I have saved enough texts to give "whoever" good examples of my being innocent yet ignored and yet found still "guilty" on numerous occasions. Its beyond crazy and I want away from it but need advice since I could do myself a disservice perhaps not knowing something you all might know. Please advise. I can elaborate more if necessary. Thank you.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
If you want to quit, then quit. I really don't understand your question beyond that.

PayrollHRGuy

You employer gave you a completely legal instruction, either come in or you are done. When you don't come in they will terminate you and unless there is some contract that we don't know about it there is nothing you can do about it.

Eekamouse

What is the name of your state? Arkansas

I have stayed too long at my job. I have only done so because I love my work and its convenient to my child's school and our home. My "teammates" and bosses have worn me down to the point that my mental health now has to come first. Over the 5 years I have held my position (which is state licensed), they have never been satisfied with me yet I am the undisputed favorite when our clients speak up. If that only mattered to my company. My employer is a bully to me AND our clients, who are healing and are at their mercy. I have seen fraud on a daily basis. When i questioned that, the following day I wss accused of all sorts of
nonsense. The only "reason" they did not fire me then was because "one of the bosses felt I should stay and be given another chance." 2 weeks later I was moved to a building for no reason that was known for their bad behaviors (fraudulent to the max, difficult to work with, extremely nit picky and annoying).

They wanted me to quit soo many times even before being moved there. Over the years they have lied about my work schedule and accused me of "getting it wrong," they say I do not do my job. Among other things, according to them I am unreliable, they blame me for lost items, they say I do not care about the people we are supposed to take care of. You name it, I've done it (they would say).

Here's another example of their crazy ways: I was written up for working past a time deadline (i was doing my paperwork) only to have the same boss ask me to work 15min past the same deadline the next evening. I thought it was a "test," but said "yes" (thinking I would get reprimanded because of the day prior and was ready to say I was not serious) but they really did want me to work past the deadline. Come to find out, they asked me to only because in the situation, the company would get a lot of money through my reaching another category of higher earning for them by working that extra 15min. Despite my cooperation they said nothing about the write up the day prior and still yet harass me daily. Other things they say: The say I'm a bad father, that I do not have my priorities straight. They accuse me of saying inappropriate things at work. Another dandy: Their lies caused me to be en route to a work site i was not even scheduled at when hit a deer, totaling my car. I had liability only. When I phone that work site to tell about the deer, the text back indicated suprise that i was heading there and that my team leader knew i was not needed at that location. So why was I told to go there? Now I'm with no automobile (but can borrow one from family til I get mine repaired).

I have been written up when I was innocent of wrongdoing more times than I can count. I am not ever heard when I defend myself and any evidence in my favor goes ignored. Yesterday, I was informed of "meeting" and the two there to visit with me i know are bad news. So I texted prior to going (knowing it's not good, I am never given a chance to defend myself and am always wrong even when I know I'm right):

Me: "How about I go ahead and give 2 wks notice? Will they still like me to come in today?"
Two bosses:
No. There’s no 2 week notice. You can come in or you can be done. So are coming to talk or are you done? We are getting ready to leave. You are not to return to work until you have a conversation with us."

I just dont want to endure this again. I am the favorite amongst our clients but that does not matter because they get them anyway through referrals. My "team" is all women that are either jealous or angry because I do not kiss their backsides and likely because I did not want "more" than just to do my job (romantic offer I declined). They use me for projection and seem to enjoy the "gang mentality" when making up stuff and getting the bosses involved (also women).

I do not deserve any of this. They act as if they have a god given right to use me and abuse me as they please. How do I go about leaving the the right way? I feel like I have saved enough texts to give "whoever" good examples of my being innocent yet ignored and yet found still "guilty" on numerous occasions. Its beyond crazy and I want away from it but need advice since I could do myself a disservice perhaps not knowing something you all might know. Please advise. I can elaborate more if necessary. Thank you.
Have you ever entertained the possibility that your perceptions are skewed and that you are too defensive to hear anything anyone else has to say?

ProT

Although its been a couple months since I initially posted, I came back to do some research on another topic and thought I would update in regards to this situation.

I ended up texting the boss "you want to have a conversation before I come back to work?" The boss did not reply. I have not heard anything from anyone else I worked with either. Toxic workplace behind me and moving forward!

Just Blue

Although its been a couple months since I initially posted, I came back to do some research on another topic and thought I would update in regards to this situation.

I ended up texting the boss "you want to have a conversation before I come back to work?" The boss did not reply. I have not heard anything from anyone else I worked with either. Toxic workplace behind me and moving forward!
It's probably for the best. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">