• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Online extortion. (Texas)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Wayne1

What is the name of your state? I posted an online ad to try to meet someone. i had a woman respond with a picture of her not wearing much. She asked me for a picture so i sent one. She then asked me for a pic of my penis. Not really thinking anything about it i did. She then gave me her first name amd asked me for my number so we could text. I told her i was not comfortable with that. A few days later she asked if we could talk and email me her number. I sent her a text. I recieved a phone call from a man stating that i contacted his underage daughter. I was absolutely sick about the whole situation. After some discussion he started hinting around about having to take off work and lost wages. He told me to find out how much cash i could come up with and let him know and all of this would stay between us. I a panic i agreed. After some research i discovered this happens quite a bit. I followed the advice i found and deleted all of my social media accounts and have blocked the number he called from. The only thing is im not sure what the next step should be. Sould i get law enforcement involved or hire a lawyer.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state? I posted an online ad to try to meet someone. i had a woman respond with a picture of her not wearing much. She asked me for a picture so i sent one. She then asked me for a pic of my penis. Not really thinking anything about it i did. She then gave me her first name amd asked me for my number so we could text. I told her i was not comfortable with that. A few days later she asked if we could talk and email me her number. I sent her a text. I recieved a phone call from a man stating that i contacted his underage daughter. I was absolutely sick about the whole situation. After some discussion he started hinting around about having to take off work and lost wages. He told me to find out how much cash i could come up with and let him know and all of this would stay between us. I a panic i agreed. After some research i discovered this happens quite a bit. I followed the advice i found and deleted all of my social media accounts and have blocked the number he called from. The only thing is im not sure what the next step should be. Sould i get law enforcement involved or hire a lawyer.
I find it interesting that you will send a dick pic but won't give her your first name. That is the idiocy of this. And you didn't know her and now you were contacted about a well known scam.

First hint: QUIT SENDING PICS OF YOUR PENIS TO ANYONE. NO ONE WANTS TO SEE THAT.

IT is not attractive and it matters not at all.The fact that you thought it was cool says you have the maturity of a pervert. QUIT.

Mass_Shyster

I followed the advice i found and deleted all of my social media accounts and have blocked the number he called from. The only thing is im not sure what the next step should be. Sould i get law enforcement involved or hire a lawyer.
You may want to change you phone number too.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">