• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Online order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mr. K

In Illinois, I ordered from an out-of-state company, CA. I sent in an order online for some skin lotion. I did not receive what I thought I was ordering. I replied w/the following:

On September 20, 2000 I ordered Product A. I want to bring to your attention that the ingredients that are actually in Product A do NOT match the ingredients listed on your website description.

Moreover, on your website, the ingredients for Product A and Product B are listed as being the same when they are, in fact, not.

In addition, when I received my order, two bottles were open and had spilled all over the contents of the shipping box.

I received the following reply from the company:

Thank you for your inquiry and order. Unfortunatly, the manufacturers
constantly change the contents of their products and we just get the
information from them. We are sorry that Product A was not for you.

This company did offer me a full refund, if I returned Product A via insured mail.

My questions are:

1. Since I did not find ANY Disclaimer info. on the company's website, regarding product descriptions, is this company at fault?

2. If I return Product A, am I entitled to receive a refund on the insured return shipping in addition to the cost of Product A?

3. Is the company's response inadequate and unacceptable?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Sincerely,

Chris

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">