• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Online Service Cancelled - How Do I Get A Subpoena?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Vycor

I'm in NY, the company is in Dallas, TX.

I subscribed to this online service, its an online dating site (seems they are popular these days I decided to try it). Anyway... today my account was cancelled and I received tihs email:

Dear XYZ,

Please be advised that an email, which violates the Terms of Use you agreed to upon registration, has been sent through your Match.com account. Therefore, your account has been terminated in the best interests of the Match.com online member community.

If Match.com terminates your membership because you have breached the Terms of Use Agreement, you will not be entitled to any refund of any unused subscription fees.

To refer to the Terms of Use, which you agreed to upon registration, please click on the following link: Terms of Use

Due to our privacy practices, Match.com cannot disclose specifics regarding the email without a validly issued subpoena directed to Match.com, LLC. Please note that all civil subpoenas must be served on Match.com, LLCb

---------------

Now question... do I need to hire a lawyer to subpoena them so I can find out WHY they cancelled my account. They refuse to tell me so, without a subpoena... seems like they are just cancelling my account and hoping i'll ignore the rest of my time I paid for (I paid for a 6 month subscription, its only been about 2 months). What can I do here, without a lawyer, to get the REASON they cancelled my account?

Vycor

Nothing I wrote broke their rules... I sent the same message though... so perhaps they think im some spammer sending the same message over and over and trying to use it for wrong purposes... but i have no way of knowing they wont tell me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">