• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

only fans

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alizay

New York
I have started an only fans and it states I have to fill out a "w9." do you have to file taxes for only fans income? also is there any way I can do it all online?

LdiJ

New York
I have started an only fans and it states I have to fill out a "w9." do you have to file taxes for only fans income? also is there any way I can do it all online?
You have to file taxes for ANY income that you earn from ANY source. If I understand properly what an "only fans" is you will also be paying self employment tax on the income.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
... is there any way I can do it all online?
Do what "all online"?

The W9 is a form that you must submit to the company. It needs to be signed, but almost definitely can be scanned & emailed vs mailing a hard copy. If you're careful, you can probably just take a picture of the completed form and email that.

zddoodah

I have started an only fans
Huh?

and it states I have to fill out a "w9."
To what does "it" refer?

do you have to file taxes for only fans income?
The threshold for being required to file a federal income tax return is very low, and there is almost no source of income that need not be declared on your federal return. You can use this tool at the IRS's web site to determine if you are required to file a federal return.

also is there any way I can do it all online?
Do what all? Tax filing software is ubiquitous.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
From context, it is clear that the OP has started an OnlyFans account that is expected to make money.

To what does "it" refer?
OnlyFans.

The threshold for being required to file a federal income tax return is very low, and there is almost no source of income that need not be declared on your federal return. You can use this tool at the IRS's web site to determine if you are required to file a federal return.
True.

Do what all?
That's a great question.
Tax filing software is ubiquitous.
True.

quincy

New York
OnlyFans has a “help hub” that can help you set up your account and W-9.

All US content-creators must complete the W-9 form. The income you earn from your fans (whether through a subscription service or pay-per-view) is taxable.

SaraTBahn

Hello, it is nothing unusual. You have to print the W9 form, complete it, to sign it, after that you can scan it and send it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">