• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Only in kern County

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

badbecky1213

What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA Three of my friends were involved in a car accident while they were on there way home one night. a woman pulled up along side of them and wanted to race. She ramed into my friends truck 2 times. The second time she hit his truck it pushed him against the curb and he lost control. The guy in the back seat was thrown out of the back window.She ran. The police found her 2 weeks later after some one tipped them off. my friend was charged with gross vehjicle manslaughter while intoxicated and DUI alcohol/drugs causing bodily injury. She was charged with vehicle manslaughter with gross negligence and hit and run,death or permanent serious injury. They tried them together WHY? is it not a conflict of interest? My friend got 4 years whicdh he deserves. but she was exonerated. Now explain that one to me.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

badbecky1213 said:
What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA Three of my friends were involved in a car accident while they were on there way home one night. a woman pulled up along side of them and wanted to race. She ramed into my friends truck 2 times. The second time she hit his truck it pushed him against the curb and he lost control. The guy in the back seat was thrown out of the back window.She ran. The police found her 2 weeks later after some one tipped them off. my friend was charged with gross vehjicle manslaughter while intoxicated and DUI alcohol/drugs causing bodily injury. She was charged with vehicle manslaughter with gross negligence and hit and run,death or permanent serious injury. They tried them together WHY? is it not a conflict of interest? My friend got 4 years whicdh he deserves. but she was exonerated. Now explain that one to me.

My response:

We don't "explain" anything. We weren't at the trial. Were you?

IAAL

DumbDrunk

badbecky1213 said:
Facts at trial are funny things. Often, the actual facts don't exactly match what a friend tells you happened, or what you 'hear' happened. You weren't there that night, and it doesn't sound like you made the trial.

'Exonerated' could mean acquitted, or it could mean convicted of a LIO. Hard to know.

Basically, once your friend made the decision to drive drunk, he placed himself at the mercy of the fates. He lost, and someone was killed.

If you drink, don't drive. And if you can't seem to stop drinking, there are a number of groups out there who will be more than willing to help you stop. If you ignore both these options...you get what you get.

CdwJava

badbecky1213 said:
They tried them together WHY? is it not a conflict of interest? My friend got 4 years whicdh he deserves. but she was exonerated. Now explain that one to me.
This is often done - it's cheaper to hold one trial rather than two. Either one of the defense attorneys could have moved to sever the trials but apparently they thought it best not to do so.

And as it has been written, we can't explain it to you. It would seem, though, that the jury found that your friend was responsible and the lady was not.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">