• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Only male in work place of 63 women

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuy3ce

What is the name of your state?
California. My work environment has 63 employees. 61 are females and are half my age(49). My request for Overtime is misconstrued as "help". It is then assigned to females to come in and work overtime on my A/R. Females/management make derogatory remarks about the male gender. Overtime is given to females at will. When I request Overtime, i get 2-3 hours per week, while the females are given 10-20 per week. My work is constantly scrutinized and the females are given my assignments as OT

quincy

Can you provide some information about the type of work you do and the type of work the other employees do (without revealing any identifying information)?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
When you are the only (protected characteristic of your choice) in a field of (alternate protected characteristic) it is easy to assume that every adverse action is as a result of that action. It is possible for the only male/female/black/white/asian/jew/gentile/muslim/whathaveyou to not have everything they want and still not have it be illegal discrimination. Are the others more skilled than you? Been there longer? Have contracts that guarantee them a certain amount of OT? Faster? Best friends with the boss's wife? Any of those would be legal reasons to give them OT and not you. It's only when ALL other considerations have been eliminated and the only thing that is left is gender, that illegal discrimination comes into play.

Signed,

The only female employee who was also the only one laid off, legally.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
When you are the only (protected characteristic of your choice) in a field of (alternate protected characteristic) it is easy to assume that every adverse action is as a result of that action.
I think the final word of that sentence you were looking for is characteristic.

adjusterjack

California. My work environment has 63 employees. 61 are females and are half my age(49). My request for Overtime is misconstrued as "help". It is then assigned to females to come in and work overtime on my A/R. Females/management make derogatory remarks about the male gender. Overtime is given to females at will. When I request Overtime, i get 2-3 hours per week, while the females are given 10-20 per week. My work is constantly scrutinized and the females are given my assignments as OT
Well, now you know what women go through in a male dominated workplace.

Chuy3ce

When you are the only (protected characteristic of your choice) in a field of (alternate protected characteristic) it is easy to assume that every adverse action is as a result of that action. It is possible for the only male/female/black/white/asian/jew/gentile/muslim/whathaveyou to not have everything they want and still not have it be illegal discrimination. Are the others more skilled than you? Been there longer? Have contracts that guarantee them a certain amount of OT? Faster? Best friends with the boss's wife? Any of those would be legal reasons to give them OT and not you. It's only when ALL other considerations have been eliminated and the only thing that is left is gender, that illegal discrimination comes into play.

Signed,

The only female employee who was also the only one laid off, legally.
No, no, no, no & no to ur questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">