• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Open Container/Ped Stop/ inside Bart Platform

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jojo650

What is the name of your state?
San Francisco, CA

2562062 b&p code

Hi ,
I have a question and I need guidance and assistance on how to proceed with this .

Last month I was taking BART in San Francisco, heading to an event and I was stopped by a park police at the platform and I was given a citation for open container which I did have in my plastic bag . I have the option of paying the bill amount but it will stay on my record and I will be convicted for it so I have the chance to also appear in court and fight it how can I go about this should I hire an attorney what’s the best way to go about it without also spending a lot of money and can I get this taken care of so that it doesn’t stay on my record?

xylene

you hire an attorney and take your chances. nothing is guaranteed. if your record is important you hire a great lawyer, and expect it not to be cheap. refrain from drinking in public from now on. maybe get some aa too.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
If you're so concerned about your precious record then why do you knowingly break the law?

xylene

If you're so concerned about your precious record then why do you knowingly break the law?
In fairness, perhaps he didn't know. Also in BART stations injecting fentanyl is routinely ingonred by the police, as are other crimes. This lends to an air of permissiveness and lawlessness to these stations with regards to minor crimes. Doe that exonerate the OP, no. But it does set the behavioral expectations very very low.

CdwJava

Let's see ... drinking from a large can or bottle (32 oz? 40 oz? Distinct shape?) in a paper or plastic bag? In my experience these are almost always weak attempts to conceal alcohol. I can count on one hand in 27 years the number of times someone was drinking NON-alcohol in such a manner ... and in at least two of those occasions, it was a homeless guy playing a game with the cops and trying to suck them in.

San Francisco MAY have some sort of alcohol diversion program if you are willing to enter into a program and get sober. You can always ask about it. If they do not have any program to allow for diversion, you may have to suck up the fine and move forward. AND, stop drinking where you cannot.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">