• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Open enrollment life insurance denial

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

danimark

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? virginia. I recently tried to apply for additional insurance for myself and my family on my employers open enrollment and received a letter stating that I was being turned down due to height/weight ratio. I had to submit a statement of health and was truethful about all the questions which is WHY I do not understand why I was denied. Now, I already have some insurance for if something should ever happen to me but I had never included my spouse or child in the mix and thought it would be benificial to any of us. Why would a company do this (METLIFE) after seeing a very good statement of health? :confused:

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? virginia. I recently tried to apply for additional insurance for myself and my family on my employers open enrollment and received a letter stating that I was being turned down due to height/weight ratio. I had to submit a statement of health and was truethful about all the questions which is WHY I do not understand why I was denied. Now, I already have some insurance for if something should ever happen to me but I had never included my spouse or child in the mix and thought it would be benificial to any of us. Why would a company do this (METLIFE) after seeing a very good statement of health? :confused:
Was this additional insurance for your spouse?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">