• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Open Judgement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
I live in Flordia, I had a house go into forclosure in 1997, the house was sold back to the lender for 72,500.00 in 1998 and I have an open judgement against me for 75500.00. The total amount owed on the home at the time of forclosure was 68,000, the difference is attorney fees, interest, etc. My question is, how to I have the judgement amended, satisfied, etc. I have a certificate of title showing the lender purchased the house back for 72500.00. Any advice would be helpful. Thank you.


Senior Member
You have a couple of problems, the least of which is:

1) Since this judgment is far beyond the time allowed for appeal or bond, it cannot be amended.

2) With the very limited information that you provided, there is no way that any of us can determine if the amounts are correct.

3) The amount of the judgment should be the difference in the amount owed and the amount received in auction, plus attorney fees, plus court costs, plus interest. You should get an accounting of the amounts claimed from the creditor. If they are correct, that is how much you owe currently. Keep in mind, the interest is still accruing as we speak... tick.... tock.... tick....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential