• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Open Records Request

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

This is for Dallas County in Texas.

I am attempting to request footage of an accident on the North Texas Tollroad which is managed by the NTTA, they forwarded me to the arresting officer and said they had no issues with the DPS releasing the footage to me. The Trooper told me they had already forwarded the video to the DA with the case report, but my best bet was to make an Open Records Request a the Public Information's Office.

The Public Information's Office told me to contact the NTTA, I told them how I had and they told me to contact the trooper who advised me to make this Open Records Request.

Next Public Information Office told me that maybe I should contact the DA as suggested and the PIO was separate from the NTTA and the DA. They also mentioned the City of Dallas does not retain this information.

Does all of this sound correct or was somebody, perhaps me, mistaken?

Thanks in advanced for your time.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
What's your point? This sounds like typical government and public authority bureaucracy.

I really don't know what your question is here. Maybe some background information would help. If you're involved in a criminal case then maybe your attorney should be dealing with the discovery issues.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">