• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Opening A Dream

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kape239

What is the name of your state? FL

My friend and I plan on opening a Teen Night Club. The problem is we do not have
enough money to start it. I was wondering if we rent a desent size office building,
can we throw parties legal. At the same time can we charge admission for coming
in? Will we also need a permit if we want to let a band play?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

acmb05

My friend and I plan on opening a Teen Night Club. The problem is we do not have
enough money to start it. I was wondering if we rent a desent size office building,
in? Will we also need a permit if we want to let a band play?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Only if you want to risk getting sued when the first fight breaks out and you don't have insurance.

Oh and you will also be responsible if one of the kids brings drugs to your "Party". Can you say "contributing to a minor"

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

You should consult with an attorney familiar with the local and state regulations.

LeeHarveyBlotto

enough money to start it. I was wondering if we rent a desent size office building
When I attempt to rent, the landlord nearly always requires money. How are you getting around that?

Kape239

if i get insurance then a fight breaks out then what happens? as for the drugs i have
people that have offered to do sercurity for me if i am able to make this happen. One
of them also have a dog that has been trained 2 sniff out drugs. But if someone has been smoking is it best to not let them in?

acmb05

if i get insurance then a fight breaks out then what happens?
Then you get sued.

as for the drugs i have
people that have offered to do sercurity for me if i am able to make this happen. One
of them also have a dog that has been trained 2 sniff out drugs. But if someone has been smoking is it best to not let them in?
Problem here is the way you want to do it YOU would be throwing the party which would make YOU responsible for every one at that party. If some one sneaks in beer or drugs and the party gets busted by the cops then YOU are contributing to a minor just as if you bought the beer/drugs yourself.

That being said, from my experience in my neck of the woods these teen clubs don't last long. As soon as they figure out they won't be able to get away with a bunch of stuff just because parents are not there they will stop coming. I have not seen one in my town last more than 3 months. Find something else to invest your time and energy into.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">