• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Opinions, Advice Please....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


What is the name of your state? VA

Ex-wife (NC) filed an affidavit for non-payment of child support 06/2001. Hired local attorney (NC) for 12/2001 court date, we presented evidence and case was dismissed in my favor as I proved I was paying support as ordered.

08/2002, ex-wife went back to same (NC) CSE, filed another
affidavit claiming non-payment of child support and arrearages of 24k. This was done despite the fact I had just won the previous case in my favor. NC sent instructions to VA CSE to flag my tax return and place 24k in my credit file.

02/2003, received official notice from VA CSE regarding the tax return and arrears. Hired local attorney (VA) to file an appeal. Several hearing were held over the last 8 months with VA CSE dismissing the case in my favor. They have removed the entry from my credit file, however I have never received anything official attesting to the dismissal of the arrearage nor my return.

VA CSE isn't returning any of my attorney's calls and he seems to be annoyed at this point and not interested in the case. He rarely returns my calls. Is there anything I can do to compel VA CSE to send me something official or is there something I can file in local court such as a finding of fact related to the arrears so that next time my ex-wife decides to file something like this I can produce this document saying the arrears were false and I do not owe them.

Thanks and any please assistance would be greatly appreciated.


Grace, not at all. In fact, you have responded to posts of mine in the past and given great advice. thanks again.


Senior Member
You have the Court order(s) of dismissals ( copies ) i hope.

As long as CSE has lifted the Tax Seizers,and everything equals out , you should be ok.

The NEXT time your X files Contempt for Non-payment ( and you're current ) , in your answer of dismissal , site the last 2 times as well as this Petition is FRIVOLOUS , and ask the court to sanction The X under the laws.

The Judge can impose fines,incarcerations, attorney fees,etc. in their discretion.

If nothing else the Judge may admonish the X, if another frivolous Petition is Filed, sanctions will be imposed.

This will deter the X from keep filing bogus Petitions.
Last edited:


The first dismissal (the NC CSE issue), the court in NC has been unable to locate it. This second issue was not a court issue complaint but throught the VA CSE on behalf of NC CSE. The VA CSE issued one of their own letters attesting to this fact.

I was try to find out if there was some document I could file in my local court basically stipulating to the dismissal and that it was deleted from my credit file. thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential